1) Who is your local community hero?
Or someone in the community that you look up to? I really appreciate the work our local government officials do in the Village of Palatine. I have a number of friends that I have had the pleasure of coaching/parenting with for years that have gotten involved in our local government (councilmen/mayor/school board). I really appreciate all the time they dedicate to our community and the tireless efforts they make to make our community a better place to grow.
2) What does Train American mean to you?
I have a little different take on this mantra. I believe our gym promotes the diversity that defines America. We have people of all ages, races, religions, physical fitness, and political parties. That being said, we check those opinions at the door and come together to push ourselves to get be supportive and positive resulting in the best workout we can get…for one hour a day I know I’m gonna have a great time @ 104010 regardless of who’s in the class with me.
3) If you could have 1 dream job, what would that be?
I always thought I’d love to do a sports radio talk show, but now I just want to be a part of Donny’s 40 and over Boy Band…like I said, I like to dance : )
4) What motivated you to come through our doors?
During our initial lockdown for COVID-19, my daughter was home from college and needed a place to train. Pat Huber & Mike Horst suggested I come check out 10.40.10. Alex walked me through and I did the workout that same day. I came home and told Jess “I’ve got a spot for us”.
5) What are 3 words to describe you?
Loyal, dependable, and sarcastic.
6) What is your occupation?
Commercial Real Estate – Leasing Manager for Allstate Insurance Company
7) What would you name the autobiography of your life?
StreepsOG – Straight Outta Elgin
8) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
9) If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Payoff all of my families mortgages, set up college funds for nieces/nephews, and start college scholarship for deserving kids in the area
10) As you know, we take pride in eating healthy at 10.40.10, but also having one cheat meal per week. What is your go to cheat meal?
Lou Malnati’s crustless pizza
11) Tell us something compelling (funny, embarrassing, serious) about you that nobody would know unless you told them?
I love to dance and sing karaoke when challenged.
12) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
To fly, I have always had that dream.
13) What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
Went skydiving for my 50th B-Day with my son…bucket list!
14) What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Putting away the dishes, always makes me question why the hell our kitchen is so disorganized.
15) If you could have dinner with 3 people, anyone, living or dead, who would you choose and why?
Barack Obama, Joe Maddon, Eddie Vedder
16) Ten years ago, who did you think you would be now?
Bout where I’m at – looking at closing out my career and finding new challenges.
17) What would you want to tell yourself at age 13?
You are smarter and more athletic than you think so work harder at both and will pay off later in life. Do 2 sports, join 2 clubs, support 2 charities!
18) How do you define success?
Having a positive impact on your family, friends and community.
19) How has 104010 impacted your life outside of the gym?
104010 started as a place to work out and challenge my body, and has become my favorite place to hang out and challenge my mind…I fight the same battles with loneliness and depression that many people do during this pandemic…104010 is my outlet…kicks my butt but makes me smile ☺
20) What would you tell a potential member that was on the fence about giving 104010 a try?
While we’re based on a desire to be fit, we’re more focused on being healthy and good to each other…It’s a community about helping each other be a better athlete, person and member of our society.